Wednesday, February 4, 2009

quirky favorite things


I am a sucker for pretty things that are ALSO practical - especially if it can be used in more than one way. I love it when things that look like decor are actually usable... in the same respect I like to put things I use out as part of the decor until I need to use them. For example, I have a bright red porcelain pitcher bowl that sits on a shelf in my kitchen. It looks as though it is a "special one" that is only for show but it isn't - I use it all the time.

This is a picture of one of my favorite lamps. I like it because it is funky and usable and because my Grandma gave it to me. I love just about everything she gives me. It is just a mason jar with a special lid that has lamp wiring attached. I put some cute stuffed toys in it that my husband got as a gag gift from our nephew. That actually makes it kind of creepy, but I could put anything in there to change the look...

No comments: